Saturday, April 21, 2012

Summertime and the living is.....Creative ♥

Summer brings out the BEST things

The Beach
Warm Weather
Fun Clothing
Sandals

AND ANKLETS!
(and other great jewelry, of course)

I feel the dire need to make some today.

Would you like to watch?
Ok. Good.

I will be making silk cord and genuine Amethyst stone anklets.

THE SUPPLIES
(Genuine Silk and Amethyst Chips....and camera shy coffee, of course)




THE PROCESS
(Braid, Tie, and string stone on cord)
Simply, I braid one end about 1/3 of the length of the anklet and tie it off. 
 Then I make a knot on one piece of the silk and string an amethyst chip on and knot again. I do this on each of the 3 cords in random spots until I like the look of it. 
 Then I knot it off again and start braiding the last 1/3 of the anklet!
You can either tie it to your ankle or attach a clasp using toggle or lobster clasps and fold over crimps.

THE RESULT:


I ALSO MADE ONE IN GOLD SILK AND GENUINE TURQUOISE



LIKE THESE? 
They are available for purchase here:

Amethyst: 

Turquoise:



Thanks for watching! I think its time to break out the Hula Hoop....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So ready for summer and your anklets are the perfect addition... Such tiny little detail... Your very good!!

Anonymous said...

Nice and easy explanation .... very nice photo progression too! I loved my hula hoop .. I could go for hours!

Unknown said...

Nicely done! And the Anklets are beautiful!

Lulu Divine said...

Love the anklets! I'm still smitten with my beautiful bracelets - You do such beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Erin! Love your work and humor